Version history and changelog
This is the version history and changelog of Inspirata indicating what was changed in which version. We recommend running the latest version of Inspirata at any time. Here is how to get the latest version and update your instance.
- (Fix): Fixed a false ProTools RAM outage message on the Mac version of INSPIRATA.
- (Fix): Resolved validation issues occurring in Digital Performer.
- (Fix): Fixed a problem of a temporary slowness in the response of the GUI when the LATE tab was selected in INSPIRATA.
- (Fix): The room content of Matthias Church - Budapest is fixed. Placing the receiver to certain positions resulted in distortion. This problem is fixed now.
- (Improvement): Earlier, the plugin opened up each time with the BASIC page as the active page. Now INSPIRATA opens up with the last active page that was used before closing the GUI.
- (Improvement): Plugin performance and stability is greatly improved due to further signal processing optimization.
- (Improvement): A new feature is added to the SPEAKER SETUP tab called LOCK PAIRS. When enabled, the angles of the paired speakers will change together to keep the symmetry. The improvement is that this function can now be disabled and asymmetrical speaker azimuth angles are now supported. The feature is enabled by default.
- (Improvement): The display time of the GUI of INSPIRATA has been significantly improved.
- (Improvement): When deleting or overwriting a user preset, INSPIRATA will ask for confirmation to help prevent unwanted actions.
- (Improvement): The Settings menu now contains new configuration options regarding whether the low-cut/high-cut filtering is applied to the wet signal only, to the dry signal only, or to both signals.
- (Improvement): A warning message is now displayed when no room files are found in the designated folders.
- (Improvement): When no room is selected in INSPIRATA, the plugin now automatically operates in Bypass mode and it does not mute the signal.
- (Improvement): An automatic routing-matrix function is available. When initializing INSPIRATA on a track, the default number of sound sources will be equal to the channel count of the track and the routing matrix will be filled out automatically. You can disable the function and do manual routing by un-ticking the AUTO option under the routing matrix.
- (Improvement): Specific speaker azimuth angles can now be set up by double-clicking on the corresponding speaker(s) and typing in the desired numbers in degrees.
- (Change): The built-in default room (Lisinski Small Hall) that was part of the plugin installer in the Windows version is now removed. The size of the plugin installer is now considerably smaller and updates are much smoother this way. The room remains available in the Roompack.
Changes below affect Inspirata Personal, Professional and Immersive editions
- (Fix) Factory presets and user presets opened up with incorrect speaker setup in Inspirata v1.0.20. Factory presets and user presets created with v1.0.19 or earlier are opening up correctly now. User presets created with v1.0.20 can be easily fixed manually by re-selecting the desired speaker setup from the drop-down menu on the SPEAKER SETUP tab. This needs to be done only once. When re-selecting is done, not only the speaker configuration, but the speaker angles will also load up according to the previously saved state.
- (Fix) The Quadro (4.0) speaker configuration had incorrect speaker azimuth angles, these are now corrected.
- (Improvement) Reset functions were added to the SPEAKER SETUP and the DIRECTIVITY tabs. On the SPEAKER SETUP tab, the button resets the speaker azimuth angles to the default values, but does not change the chosen speaker configuration.
Changes below affect all editions
- (Fix) Corrected the issue of not loading all rooms when the room loading process was interrupted by adding another folder to the list while Inspirata was still loading from the previous folders.
- (Improvement) The default choice of the speaker setup and the default number of sound sources are now automatically adjusted to match with the track configuration which Inspirata was initialized on.
- (Improvement) The gain slider on the Main Control Panel now adjusts both the Wet and the Dry gain simultaneously.
- (Fix) On some systems ProTools sometimes crashed while loading a project that contained previously saved instances of Inspirata due to not being able to load the rooms properly. A more fault-tolerant room loading method is now implemented that prevents this behavior.
- (Fix) When Inspirata is used in a mono-to-stereo channel configuration in Logic Pro and ProTools, the dry signal is now sent to both output channels.
- (Fix) The AU validation of the Personal Edition sometimes failed in Logic Pro and GarageBand since v1.0.19. (affects the Personal Edition only).
- (Fix) Fixed issues causing some DAWs to fail to load the selected space when re-opening a saved project.
- (Fix) Fixed the problem of non-real-time renders not working correctly in certain situations. Both online (real-time) and offline (non-real-time) renders now correctly work.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue, where changing some project parameters (e.g.: buffer size, sample rate) temporarily resulted in muting the output of Inspirata.
- (Improvement) Changed the default spatial settings when loading a room to produce a slightly wider image to avoid having to adjust it.
- (Improvement) Minor GUI improvements
- (Fix) Fixed loading the previously saved source and listener positions when re-opening a project in a DAW
- (Fix) Fixed an issue in the behavior of A/B compare
- (Fix) Fixed issues causing some DAWs not to list all installed editions when more editions were present
- (Improvement) Improve the GUI to keep the resizer control visible when the Settings or About panel is shown
- (Improvement) Installer: installation of the default room is now optional
- (Fix) Fixed a rare possible hang that may occur when deleting a plugin instance
- (Fix) Fixed a compatibility issue with Logic Pro in certain Mac configurations
- (Fix) Fixed a compatibility issue with GarageBand in certain Mac configurations
- (Fix) Fixed a multichannel speaker setup configuration signal path issue affecting configuration with fewer channels than the number of outputs (Professional, Immersive)
- Minor GUI improvements
- Initial release
How do I update Inspirata to a new version?
Last updated: 15 April 2021